A big weekend ahead for Dickeyvillians…
Can You Feel The Surge? We are just one week away from our wonderful village July 4th Celebrations, with this year theme of !!!Dickeyville Rocks!!!
What’s happening now?
- The 2016 T-shirts are coming in next week
- Jack is busy printing tickets and lasering wine glasses and flutes
- Tyson is wrapping up the auction donations – it’s still not too late so if you have an item you’d like to donate, large or small, please let him know. We are especially looking for that holdout vacation stay or other special item to put into our celebrity-led live auction Saturday night
- Shakespeareans are preparing busily with words and music, and our many other event hosts are getting ready for you too.
What you can do to prepare
- Stitch & Rehearse for the parade!
- Plan your food & drink offerings for the Dinner Dance and Closing Party, as well as Open Mic Performances
- Plan on bringing swimsuits & towels for adult pool time at the opening party …. And same for kids coming to Saturday’s pool time – but strictly with parents!!
- Summon up your very best RUBIWASKI energy Saturday morning
- And your own picnic dinner for Shakespeare in the Park on Sunday.
Most of all, plan on bringing yourselves and friends, lending a hand when you see the need, and being a part of a very special village rite that only happens once a year, but that does happen every year thanks to ROCK’N’ DICKEYVILLIANS ALL!!!
Karen & Jack
Editor’s note: To check out previous July 4th celebrations, you can read about the Annual Events Summary here or view images in the visual gallery here. Be sure to check the Village Blog again in late July for stories about our 2016 festivities. What a wonderful place to be!