Recreation – Gardens, Parks & City Events
Dickeyville residents take pride in their gardens. The village has supported an official garden club since 1940 which is dedicated to the ongoing beautification of the village, organizing numerous social and educational events throughout the year. To learn more, please click for our Garden Club page or explore the Dickeyville Garden Club’s website.
Sports & Nature Lovers
For outdoors and nature lovers, Dickeyville offers many wonderful nearby options.
Nearby Leakin Park
Bordering Dickeyville, this large urban park has nature trails open for hiking, jogging, cycling, running and birdwatching. Below are sources for ongoing events in the park.
- Friends of Gwynn Falls and Leakin Park (FOGFLP)
- Carrie Murray Outdoor Education Campus – Children and adult programs (410-396-0808)
- C.A.L.S. Steam Train Rides – 2nd Sunday of each month, 1-4 p.m (410-448-0730)
- Gwynn’s Falls Trail (410-396-0440)
Druid Hill Park
Druid Hill Park is nearby large urban park with Farmers Market, Conservatory, Maryland Zoo and numerous recreation facilities. Check out the Druid Hill Park website here.
A mere 10 minute walk across the bridge brings golfers to the 18-hole Forest Park Golf Course. For more information see the Baltimore Municipal Golf Corporation website.
Activities in Downtown Baltimore
Dickeyville residents enjoy social gatherings within the village and cherish their tranquil haven away from the typical noisy confines of urban living. However, when work or the bright lights of downtown Baltimore beckon, it’s a quick drive (about 15 minutes) to experience the fabulous entertainment and dining opportunities of downtown Baltimore.
- Mayor: Stephanie Rawlings-Blake
- Population: 622,104 (2013)
- Sports teams: Baltimore Ravens, Baltimore Orioles, Baltimore Charm, Baltimore Skipjacks, Baltimore Clippers, Baltimore Bandits
- Points of Interest: National Aquarium, Fort McHenry, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, American Visionary Art Museum, Walters Art Musuem ,B & O Railroad Museum, Baltimore Museum of Art.
- Universities include: Johns Hopkins University and Hospital, University of Maryland, Morgan State University ,Towson University.
Events & Dining
Useful sources of information for downtown dining, musical and cultural events include: