Planning a Project: In-depth Guidelines
The Dickeyville Architectural & Preservation Guidelines is an abbreviated version of the Baltimore City Historic Preservation Procedures and Design Guidelines (also known as the CHAP Guidelines). They also contain guidelines unique to Dickeyville that have been developed by the community over time and that are honored by CHAP.
- Click for the latest version of the comprehensive DAC Architectural & Preservation Guidelines_Full_ 2017. You can also collect a printed version from the DAC Chairperson.
- The full set of CHAP Guidelines may be found at CHAP’s website or by Googling “CHAP Baltimore, guidelines”.
Which projects require submittal?
The Guidelines are intended to help residents prepare submittals. Even if your particular project is not listed in the guidelines, you should provide a submittal for review.
- Each Dickeyville property and project is unique and homeowners are invited to submit ideas including the use of new technology.
- Every project will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- CHAP will not approve a project (and if required, a permit will not be granted) if it has not been reviewed and approved by the DAC.
Return back to:
Main Architectural Matters page