Celebrating the 4th in Style
Dickeyvillians sure know how to celebrate in style! The “Summer Camp” themed July 4th was a fabulous long weekend filled with activities for young kids, big kids, new neighbors, long-timers, and previous residents who couldn’t resist coming back.
The action-packed event schedule included:
- Vine removal service project with the garden club
- Adventurer’s parade, prizes ceremony and July 4th speech
- Picnic with tie-dye, crochet, archery and swim activities
- Camping by the dam with campfire and live music by Caleb Stein
- Dance Camp
- Walk/bike/yoga by the river
- Garden brunch
- Dinner dance with live music and auction
- Hike/nature scavenger hunt in the Woods
- Village Archives display and History walk
- Closing Wine & Cheese party
Huge thanks go to Judy Coster and Ken Klompus (July 4th Chairs) who organized an incredibly fun, intimate and memorable celebration for us.
Check back again soon for more photos and event summaries. In the meantime, check out this earlier post with a great visual gallery from a previous July 4th.
By Sheridan Jones McCrae, Editor