Recipe by popular demand…
As requested by several villagers, we are posting a recipe for the delightful beverage served at Kathleen Vander Horst’s brunch during July 4th Celebrations.
- 24 cups strong tea
- 6 x 12 oz cans frozen orange juice
- 3 x 12 oz cans frozen lemonade
- 12 cups bourbon or Canadian Club
- (Some people add sugar for added sweetness or water for a reason unknown to Kathleen)
Above quantities, makes enough for 50 or so.
- Mix all ingredients
- Best to freeze in 3 or 4 pitchers as it thaws more easily than one big clump.
- Keep some in refrigerator to pour on top of the frozen to keep it like a slush.
Thanks for keeping us hydrated this summer, Kathleen!
Other recipes welcome: For any other favorite recipes you’d be willing to share, please submit details (and a photo if possible) to the DCA Web Team.